Wednesday, July 30, 2014

23 in SD

Brett left for Texas to work for four weeks and I am missing him like crazy. We celebrated my birthday together with a beautiful hike to Stewart Falls, shave ice, and a fancy date to Tucanos. I looove Tucanos. All you can eat Brazilian meat? Bring it on! Sadly I got no pictures, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen!

So that was Monday. Tuesday was my actual birthday but we spent the day in the car driving down to San Diego for my Poppop's memorial. More on him and that here.

It was wonderful spending time with my incredible family in the best place in the world.


^Walking on the beach getting eaten by bugs after a filling meal at Roberto's, a San Diego Mexican food staple. Aunt Diane is wearing Poppop's Air Force wings. My dad looks the most like him.




^Ritual Torrey Pines hike and walk on the beach. I'm mourning my tan. It's gone forever.


^Sophie was so good with little Ander Man. And boy is he a ham!







^Birthday dinner at Sammy's Woodfire Pizza, a place I'd been craving for a long while. Nana and Poppop used to take us here all the time, so the place was full of good memories of him.

Bri and my mom spoiled me with an outfit from Lulu Lemon for my marathon and new pants from Zara. I actually bought pants! It's a miracle!

Loving my family, and loving and missing my husband.

Up next: a showcase of our adventures in Chile at the beginning of July. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment