Saturday, April 26, 2014

easter

Easter was exactly what we needed this year; a time to remember our Savior and His loving sacrifice for us. And that He rose from the grave.

Brett and I had a really hard week the week before Easter. Basically everything bad happened that could have besides someone dying. We felt like we were getting pounded and pounded with trial after trial. At one point it was actually comical. And emotionally and physically exhausting.

As I was talking to my friends and family and coworkers about what we are going through, I realized that everybody has times when they just want to crawl in a hole and forget the world exists. Everybody has times when they are confused and don't know where their life is going to go. 

All I know is that God has a plan for us and most of the time we have no idea what it is.


Easter Sunday was spent at Aunt and Uncle McCloskey's house. I love them and I don't know what I would have done these past 5 years if they didn't live 6 minutes away.

Aunt Kim made a delicious three-course-meal which was eaten outside in the gorgeous spring weather.

 ^^Notice something different? The beard is gone! After 6 months we said good riddance.





^^Loved the personalized hard-boiled eggs. Aunt Kim goes all out.


^^Brett's sister Tara came to visit from DC. We hadn't seen her in a year. It was exactly what we needed. 


Throughout these hard times, Brett and I have realized that we are surrounded by the most amazing people. Our friends and family are supportive and loving. I am so grateful for them. 

I am also very grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is completely aware of us, even right now. And His Son Jesus Christ who died and was resurrected for us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment