Monday, December 30, 2013

the piano guys

So if you've been following my blog you know I'm a big big big music nerd.

My Uncle Rick surprised us with Piano Guys concert tickets last weekend.

My dad, a few of my cousins and aunts and uncles and I enjoyed a lasagna soup dinner thanks to Aunt Diane and then piled into the car to Salt Lake (poor Brettie had to finish finals so couldn't make it).

I loved it!

Not only is Jon Schmidt my piano idol, but The Piano Guys are accessible, talented, and spiritual middle-aged men who decided to live their dream and what's more inspiring than that? ;) Not to mention their cellist, Steven Sharp Nelson, is near a musical genius. He uses a looping device to loop his music, and it sounded super awesome live. I definitely want to get one of those and practice jamming with it even though it's 95% certain that I'll sound terrible.



^^^Isn't this picture so good? Ha! iPhone cameras just aren't cutting it for me these days.


The concert was Christmas-themed and it definitely got me into the Christmas spirit. This may sound dramatic, but I was close to tears a few times, especially when they played O Come, O Come Emmanuel . . . my favorite Christmas song of all time. Their music made me feel Christ's love and remember why Christmas is so special: because the Savior of the world was born.


Here are some of my favorite songs by The Piano Guys:



^^^How could I not love their Lord of the Rings cover? I'm obsessed.


^^^Jon Schmidt wrote this when he was a teenager. Can I say musical prodigy?

^^^They want to do a music video on each of the 7 wonders of the world. I'm not sure how they got a piano on the Great Wall of China but I'm pretty sure it was a piece of cake.


I listen to them a lot at work. Listen to their music if you want something uplifting and beautiful.








No comments:

Post a Comment