Wednesday, December 11, 2013

thank to the sgiving

Thanksgiving was spent in beautiful San Diego.

And 2 of the 5 days I had off of work were driving. But it was definitely worth it.

All the fam bam came to my parent's house.

Thanksgiving morning we hiked on Torrey Pines beach (there is a big hill, I promise).


Tailgating breakfast.

^^The only picture I got from Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious, especially the pear and tangerine infused sweet potatoes. 

 Park adventures to settle our stomachs. I love this picture of my dad.



 ^^Baby Ander had no fun at all.


 ^^Tara and Sophie spidering it up.

We spent some time with my Poppop (my grandpa) as well. He has cancer and it's blocked his small intestines so he can't eat. He has a tube that goes directly into his large intestines and that's how he survives. He couldn't eat during Thanksgiving and I felt so bad enjoying all of the yummy food. He has maintained a positive attitude and I admire that. I'm grateful for my grandparents.

We took family pictures at lovely Balboa Park.



We also got some Thai food and sushi, went to the beach, saw a comedy show, and watched some movies. But alas, you can't get pictures of everything.

I'm so grateful for all of my family, especially my husband. I'm grateful for a loving God who knows me personally. I'm grateful to be surrounded by amazing people every day who I can and do look up to. I'm grateful to know that my life is not by chance, and that there's a reason why I'm here and a reason why I'm doing the things I'm doing. I'm grateful for serendipity--when your life takes an unsuspected turn and your pleasantly surprised and never imagined that's how it would be. I'm grateful that there is more love in the world than there is hate. I'm grateful that I'm grateful in a world where comparison is the thief of gratitude.







No comments:

Post a Comment