Thursday, May 2, 2013

i done graduated

And my grammar got really good.

I am so happy and sad that I graduated. The commencement and convocation both felt so surreal. I am done with college. Can this be? Since when was I an adult? Does this mean I have to get a big-girl job now?

It doesn't really feel like I graduated since Brett and I have another year here. It's nice because I don't actually have to say goodbye until April 2014.

My years at BYU have been the best of my life.

Graduating made me realize that I don't want to be done with school. During commencement, I kept telling my cousin Brandon (who was graduating with me) that I didn't want to be done, that I wanted to continue and get another degree. He stared at me and said something to the effect of "Victoria, relax. It's your first day off; enjoy it." Wise words from a wise soul.

But for reals, I want to go to grad school or law school or both and maybe get a PhD and then conquer the world!

But, not right now. I'm pretty darn tired of school right now. In a few years.

Enough of my rambling, now let's have some pictures.


Fritz Burns Scholarship luncheon right before the commencement ceremony.

Commencement (Thursday afternoon):


Laurel and me.


Maddie and me. 

Ashley, Courtney, and me.


The whole crew minus Brett, who had to work on some internship assignments. Let us marvel at how bad I look in this picture. My photogenic qualities diminish with age. 


 My parents. I love them so very much. They have given me all the tools to succeed in life.

We celebrated that day with all-you-can-eat sushi.


We are the red-headed gods. We shall have beautiful red-headed babies.

Convocation (the walk for the diploma) Friday morning:





I love BYU!

More about the Friday night celebration to come.

Happy Thursday! I don't have any homework, so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment