Saturday, April 27, 2013

meanwhile during finals

So finals came and went, but mostly they destroyed my sanity.

We found time in between studying to spend time with friends. Balance in all things.

We went lazertagging with Luke and Lindsay and Brett dominated as usual. It was just the four of us and I found myself getting really creeped out in the huge arena we were in, with large neon clown faces as decoration I might add.




We also went bowling for a roommate reunion with all of the roomies' men. We missed Lauren and Lyndsi.




All of our rings. We are all so old and married! Clockwise from right: Courtney, Laina, Victoria, and Ashley.


Ashley and I can never escape the demon eyes!
I loved being friends with these girls. I'm glad most of them will still be in Utah next year.






During finals I:

-Compiled and finished a 150 page manuscript. Trying out this whole writing a book thing. It's a lot harder and more time-consuming than it looks. It's also really fun and enjoyable to get lost in your own story you created from scratch. 
-Wrote a paper called "Connection Through Violence: Ichiro’s Rejection of Totalization and His Encounter with Bull in No-No Boy" about how we can read the novel through the lens of Emmanuel Levinas's theory of the Other along with Flannery O'Connor's philosophy of grace through violent encounters. Sounds like the most exciting thing you've ever heard, right?
-Did a presentation on how F. Scott Fitzgerald demonstrates an Isocratic view of rhetoric in The Great Gatsby
-Tried every single technique to distract myself, including spending hours looking at other people's wedding photos


I am so grateful for my teachers this semester. Sure these past few months were crazy, but my teachers pushed me to be a better writer, critical thinker, and person. 

There are a lot of other things that have happened lately. I will keep updating slowly but surely. 

Happy Saturday! Today I slept in until 10:30 a.m. and I absolutely don't regret it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment