Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bri's Bridal Shower

On Sunday night I got an hour of sleep and then finished my finals on Monday morning. Then I hopped on a plane and flew to San Diego for Bri's bridal shower!

Epiphany I had while in San Diego: It is literally one million times prettier than Provo. Californian for life this one is.

Monday night we stayed up late laughing and admiring the wedding decorations for Bri's imminent marriage. Her wedding is black and white old Hollywood and it's going to look like a dream!

Tuesday morning I had a dentist appointment (I loathe the dentist) and then we picked up Rachel, Aunt Kim, and Jenna and went to one of my favorite restaurants in Carmel Valley, Urban Plates.

Tuna with a cilantro, onion, tomato, and spinach topping. Potato slices sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper. Brussel sprouts with shaved provolone cheese. Ciabatta bread with chopped fresh parsley. Yes please.

Then we went to my brother's swim meet and cheered him on. He is quite the athlete. I'm like a proud mama.


We also lounged outside in the sun. Don't you love Bri's pants? I want to steal them right now.

Then Sophie had her softball banquet and she won a trophy!


Then we got ready for Bri's bridal shower. 


Ignore Jenna in the background, whoops.



Then we went to the bridal shower hosted by the lovely Mrs. Walten. Her house looks like a Spanish castle, but sadly I didn't get any pictures of it.


Talking to her soon-to-be-hubbie on the phone.





I didn't get any pictures of Bri opening her presents because I was writing them down along with the gifter's name. Maid of honor duties. She got an abundant array of aprons. Her favorite gift was $50 to Sephora; go figure.

My piano teacher of fifteen years didn't recognize me at the party and same with another family friend that has known me since birth. Do I really look that different with bangs and a ponytail?

We went around giving the bride-to-be some advice. Some of my favorite advice was:

-Don't compete with each other and have lots of sex.   I second this.
-Write little notes to each other and hide them in cute places like his lunch or behind the cool whip in the refrigerator.
-It's okay to go to bed angry because you most likely will forget what you were mad about the next morning. Or you will remember it and think your fight was awfully stupid.
-You can't change your spouse, you can only change yourself and your attitude toward your spouse.
-Spend time apart and have time for yourself.
-Try new things together. For example, golfing. Brett and I will never try golfing, however. Maybe we'll try gourmet French cooking or something.
-Pray together.

It was a wonderful day in San Diego. I love my sister and I love her fiance. They will make a great team.

Happy Sunday! More updates to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment