Sunday, March 31, 2013

Festival of Colors

We loved our day yesterday. 'Twas a great day that felt like the beginning of summer, always my favorite.

Brett and I woke up late, and instead of going to the gym, watched Grimm. I am obsessed with Grimm (TV show). I love how it mixes German folklore and magic with real life and murder mystery. Amazeballs.

Then we put sheets down in our car and dirty clothes on our backs to prepare for the Festival of Colors! We picked up our good friends Luke and Lindsay and made our way to Spanish Fork.


Before the mayhem.

Does anyone else find it strange that there is randomly a Hindu temple out among the farms of Spanish Fork?  I don't understand. 

After the throwing:

















 I loved throwing hoards of bright chalk in stranger's faces. I got a large amount of purple chalk in my eyes and teeth; I had to scrub my teeth with all my might to prevent them from staining.

The weather was perfect; the music was psychedelic, the company was supreme, the location was exquisite. All in all, a memorable and fantastic Festival of Colors.

After we showered, we had a kabob night with Luke and Lindsay. We made the most d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. kabobs I have ever eaten ever.


Chicken, red and green peppers, pineapple, bacon, and onions. I ate about six of them and I am proud of it.

We spent the rest of the night chatting, eating vanilla ice cream with caramel and grilled pineapple, and of course laughing.

Yesterday was a breath of fresh air. Now I can take on this next insane week with happiness.


Happy Easter! Jesus Christ was resurrected this day. He ascended to Heaven to be with our Heavenly Father. He lives. I love Him. 

Spiritual enlightenment here.




2 comments: