Friday, February 8, 2013

i got some new shoes on

This week has been a little sliver of insanity. But, that's how life goes. Sometimes you watch movies all day and drink hot chocolate and your bum goes numb from sitting and some days you run around to and fro with frazzled hair and wide, twitching eyes wishing that there just might be one extra hour in the day because then you could actually have time to sleep.

But, there are always blessings in the midst of intense busyness. Brett and I had the pleasure of joining some friends in a Mongolian grill feast last night. Mongolian grill is the best thing since Crest Whitestrips. We ate our hearts out and almost had to be rolled out by the nice, awkward waiter.

I also have been enjoying some great new shoes lately. I am taking a Latin ballroom class at BYU this semester and I'm loving every millisecond of it. We had a competition yesterday where my partner and I danced the Samba. We moved our hips and turned and did those awesome Samba rolls like there's no tomorrow. To look the part, I got myself a sweet pair of Latin ballroom shoes.


I also got some new Nike Frees for Christmas. I love them so much. I love them more than I love pizza and that's saying something. There are so light and make me feel great even when I'm near to exhaustion at the gym. Life is always a touch sweeter for us women when we get a pristine pair of shoes. I'll be a shoe girl until the day I die.

This weekend Brett and I are babysitting our friends' adorable baby boy so they can celebrate his mommy's birthday. I also plan to put my Nikes to the test yet again at the gym and catch up on some reading and zzzzzzzz's.

Have a lovely Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment