Friday, January 25, 2013

good book friday: the diviners

I don't know about you, but I'm in love with the '20s. Flapper twirly dresses, short bobs, lipstick, jazz bands, snap poetry, Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald, the lost generation of writers in Paris, Langston Hughes and all those involved in the Harlem Renaissance, oo baby I'm there.

There's nothing better I like than a murder mystery mixed with ghosts and the un-explicable set in the 1920s. The Diviners was one such book. Libba Bray is one of my favorite authors. Her Gemma Doyle trilogy made me want to be a writer. She is very entertaining and clever and spot on with her young adult voice.


Definitely a page turner, this one. And incredibly spooky too. I didn't like reading it late at night when Brett was asleep and everything was still but my thoughts about ghosts and all the hidden creepy crawlies. 

I can't wait for the sequel to come out.

What is one of your favorite books?

No comments:

Post a Comment