Friday, June 29, 2012

overdue

In San Diego, I finally did it! I finally changed my Social Security and got a new license with my pretty new name on it. Victoria Candland has such a regal tone to it. And, Brett and I finally got our marriage certificate. For a while, I thought that the marriage certificate we got from the temple sufficed, but turns out we need a government issued marriage certificate to be officially recognized as married. HA! Have Brett and I been living in sin for the past year?? Nah, I don't think so. But still, it's nice to now have that official document as a keepsake that shows our devotion to each other.

 The marriage certificate! We had to celebrate this special moment in time with a picture, obviously. By the way, I took my new license picture with my hair in a ponytail and those big gold earrings. Looking back, I'm not sure if that was the best idea. We'll see how the picture turns out. Hopefully it's better than my first license picture I took when I was 15 at 8 in the morning unshowered and sleepy.

Sophie did us the honor of taking our picture. She is the cutest little sister anyone could dream of. She is so much bigger every time I see her. It makes me really sad that I'm not there to see her grow up and be a big part of her childhood. I hope she knows how much I love her.

I am finally and officially Mrs. Victoria Candland with my new Social Security and all. Now I just have to get a new passport. Won't that be another adventure!






No comments:

Post a Comment