Saturday, April 21, 2012

yesterday

I'll get back to blogging about wonderful Guatemala tomorrow.

But, I just have to write about yesterday.

It was a marvelous day.

I woke up around 8:30am and didn't have to do any homework or get ready! I made waffles at my leisure, played the piano, and read and it was blissful. The sun was shining and my apartment was relatively clean and I was without a care in the world. It's amazing how drastically my outlook changes from Thursday, the last day of finals, to Friday, the first day of freedom.

I got ready and put a cute outfit on with the lovely jade earrings I got from Guatemala. Doesn't a cute outfit just always make your day seem to go better? My sister says that if you're feeling good in what you're wearing, then your day will be good, no if ands or buts about it. 

Next I stopped by my friend Ashley's apartment to drop off a wedding gift before she gets married next week! AH! It was fun to chat and laugh with her.

Then I went to my friend Jessie's place to drop off a gift because she's getting married next week too! April is definitely wedding season. My friend McCall was there at Jessie's apartment (they're roommates).

My cousin, Jenna, lives right next door to Jessie, so I got to see her and my Aunt Diane (Jenna's mom) who I haven't seen in a while and who has been battling breast cancer for the past 7 months or so.

Then my friend Courtney came over to Jessie's house. She's been in Jerusalem for the past semester so it was wonderful to see her again.  And then my friend Natalie came over too! It was so many people I love all at once!

Courtney, Natalie, Jessie, and McCall are all from my freshman dorms and we still share a special bond. It was a mini reunion of Chipman 1200 Hall.

 Me, Courtney, Jessie, McCall and Natalie.

 Total butt shot of Courtney and me, but that does not diminish the grandness of this group hug.
And then I photobombed this picture. Sorry for blocking your pretty face Jessie.

I had to leave early sadly, but it was amazing to see all of them before Jessie gets married and before McCall leaves on her mission and before I have a baby (KIDDING!).

After all that girl time goodness, Brett and I went to my new bosses house for dinner. This summer I am interning with Haiti Health Initiative. I'm going to be the head editor and writer for many of their reports and newsletters. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.

The founder, Marc-Aurel, is from Haiti and he started the humanitarian organization with some friends to help the natives of Haiti become healthier. They send dentists, nurses, doctors, dieticians, agriculturalists, etc. to Haiti four times a year to extremely rural villages to use their specialized skills to make the natives healthier.

I loved getting to know Marc-Aurel and the organization he leads better. I'm am unbelievably thrilled to be a part of this cause among great people who want to make a difference. You should check out the Haiti Health Initiative website!

Then Brett and I met our friends Scott and Lindsey, and Bryce and Kristen for ice cream and watched the adrenaline-rushing Mission Impossible IV. I love having married friends.

The day ended when I fell asleep as Brett rubbed my back in our bed.

Such a good day! Days like that make life so wonderful! God is so good to me.

Today has been just as nice. I went to yoga and zumba and now I'm hanging with my lover Brett and we're going to sushi tonight.

SUMMER IS THE BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment