Sunday, April 1, 2012

general conference

Brett and I went to General Conference today in Salt Lake City! It was my third time going (technically second because the last time we were late and weren't able to go inside), and I loved it even more than before.

We stayed the night on Saturday at a hotel in Salt Lake and enjoyed a romantic evening together.

General Conference is amazing. I love my church and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


 We had pretty good seats thanks to the Wilsons [their dad is a member of the Quorum of the Seventy, (that means he's part of a committee of sorts of seventy men who are called to help the church administration for you non-Mormons, don't you love parentheses within parentheses)]

 I can't wait to get me some Guatemala sun to rid me of this plague of whiteness (we are leaving on Friday!)

 My cutie-pettutie husband

 Isn't it beautiful? The Mormon Tabernacle Choir did an amazing job singing as always. Here everyone is standing as the president, Thomas S. Monson, and two counselors, Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchtorf, of the church leave. That is my favorite part.

I'm in love with the shoes I wore. Thankfully they are very easy to walk in.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing for the finale of the Sunday morning session, which is my favorite hymn of all time! They sang it just for me.


And, Elder Wilson gave a talk in the afternoon session! We had the pleasure of eating lunch with him and his family before and hearing his testimony about his time serving for the church in Brazil.


I feel slightly like a stalker googling him and downloading a picture of him, but o well.  I loved his talk about equality in marriage and letting children use their agency to choose right from wrong. 

And, I am so proud that David Archuleta was in the missionary choir on Saturday! That made me so happy. 


We had a splendid time at General Conference. 

O, and Happy April Fool's Day! The only prank I experienced today was my friend telling me he just saw Mitt Romney when we were in the conference building. I hope you all were pranked like crazy. 

1 comment:

  1. soooo fun! i cant believe david archuletta was in the choir! I had no idea, ps i tagged you in a post!

    ReplyDelete