Sunday, March 25, 2012

week in pictures


 Sunday dinner at la casa de McCloskey. Bri and I are gorgeous.


 Playing with Rue.
 One on one time with Grandma. We had Cafe Rio and chatted and it was vunderbar. I love living so close to family.

 My breakfast one day. It's flax cereal (gluten free) with soy milk and a natural sweetener called Stevia. We are still on our intense "lifestyle change." The breakfast was actually really good, I loved the texture of the little balls. Yes, I just said that.

We eat a lot of salmon, chicken, vegetables, fruit and gluten free pasta and bread. The diet has been difficult, but so worth it. I don't even crave sugar!


Brett and his b-ball team are in the playoffs now. They played a tough game on Friday. One of their team members hurt his knee and the opposing team had about 10 players so they could interchange all the time. Brett and his boys kept getting shoved into the walls and were absolutely exhausted by the end. But, they won! They are awesome; they've never lost.

Brett and I have also been exercising a lot. We do weight lifting, pilates, yoga, run and just started Insanity. Insanity is . . . insane. We're going to be in ridiculous shape by the end of the 60 days.

We also saw The Hunger Games yesterday with our friends Scott, Lindsey and Emily. I was very impressed with it. I thought Jennifer Lawrence did a fantastic job as Katniss and I appreciated how closely the movie followed the plot of the book. I'm stoked for the rest of the movies to come out! There are few things that excite me more than good books turning into good movies. Twilight doesn't count.


I love Katniss; I want to be her. She's such a badass.

Have a magical day and may the odds be ever in your favor.

2 comments:

  1. Victoria thanks for your encouraging post on my blog!! I'm trying to lose this baby weight so I'd LOVE to know more about your intense lifestyle change. Also your grandma is SO adorable, you have good genes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks! She is adorable. I'm really not a health expert or anything, but I have learned a thing or two from my mom (she's a dietitian and personal trainer). I don't stand when I eat (sitting down helps your body remember that you've eaten), I eat lots of fruit, I only use vinagrettes for salad dressing, no cheese or sugar (for these 30 days at least), drink lots of water, drink vegetable shakes (we mix celery, cucumbers, lemons, carrots, occasionally beets, collared greens, etc. in a blender) and exercise (I used to be more on top of exercise, but finals are coming up and I have a lot of work to do . . . I normally do a lot of cardio though). I hope that helps! And you're such a tiny little thang anyway!

    ReplyDelete