Monday, March 19, 2012

one commitment to rule them all

Brett and I haven't been eating the healthiest lately. Let's say we're both addicted to pizza and all things sugar. We decided that this needs to end. Pronto.

So, we concocted a vicious plan; vicious to our taste buds at least. We are going on a gluten, sugar and dairy free diet. For 30 days. It will end the last day of finals. And the diet starts tomorrow.

Today, to say farewell, I ate cheesy eggs, a quesadilla, Cafe Rio and Papa John's pizza. BUT, no more for a whole month!

When Brett and I committed to this plan, I was constantly trying to find loop holes.
Me: "I can eat sugar free ice cream, right?"
Brett: "Well, it has dairy."
Me: "Bullocks!" (I don't actually say bullocks, but it felt needed here)

Me: "I can still eat quesadillas . . . wait, we aren't allowed to have cheese!"
Brett laughs: "Nope."

Me: "Can we have cheat days?"
Brett: "Do you want to do this or not?"

Apparently Brett has way better self-discipline than I do.

I know I'm going to miss sugar the most. No cupcakes or ice cream or no-bake cookies for a whole month? How will I survive?! I have the gnarliest sweet tooth. O well, I will come out conqueror! 

We wrote down a contract and everything and it is going up somewhere very conspicuous in our kitchen, most likely the refrigerator.

O, I forgot the best part! If Brett and I both stick to the contract, we are rewarding ourselves with a trip to Disneyland either at the end of April or the beginning of May! It's definitely worth it.

I will absolutely keep you posted on the progress of our crazay diet. I'm excited to look up/make gluten-free recipes and become the health freak I was born to be.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Tanner and I had a lose weight challenge that resulted in a Disneyland trip as well!!! Talk about motivation :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete