Sunday, March 4, 2012

ohana means family and modeling

Brett and I have been able to spend a good amount of time with family lately. It's so nice to be at school, but still be able to see the ones you love.

My mom and Sophie came to town a little bit ago. It was great to play with Sophie and see how much she's growing up (I'm so sad that I'm not at home to watch her progress) and to catch up with my mommy.

We went out to dinner at the Indian Palace. O my goodness, Indian food is divine.

 Sophie loved the fish tank so of course a picture taken by it was needed. O and the waiters thought that I was Sophie's mom. It was pretty funny when I had to clarify.

 We watched Brett and his b-ball team play. They creamed the other team.

Sophie at the Chinese restaurant Shoots. It was delicious and I loved my chicken mu shu. I think this picture of Soph is adorable. 

Mommy and me.

We also watched V for Vendetta (the edited version) when Sophie went to bed. That movie is stupendous, incredible, amazing, miraculous, awe-inspiring, soul-wrenching, thought-provoking and all those adjectives. You must watch it. Remember remember the 5th of November gunpowder treason and plot, I see no reason why gunpowder, treason should ever be forgot.

The day after Sophie and mom left, I did a modeling photo shoot with my friend Lindsey. As you can probably tell by my pictures, I am no model and am probably one of the top five least photogenic people alive. But, Lindsey said that her friend needed a brunette for the photo shoot, so I was picked. The photo shoot was for a company called Bizzy Babees that sells covers for nursing. So, we modeled those. And none of us models are moms, thus we have no experience. It was quite funny, especially the fake smiling and laughing while pretending to nurse. Don't worry, we weren't exposed or anything of the sort. Maybe I'll send a link to the website when the pictures are posted, but maybe I won't depending on how terrible they turn out to be. This experience made me realize that I don't ever EVER want to be a model. YUCK. Nor do I have the patience or the talent to be.

My brother, Marcus, turned 17! Ahhhhhhh! He's getting so old!

To celebrate, he went to Harry Potter world with his friend's family over President's weekend and then went go-carting with his buddies on his actual birthday. I love you Marcesio!

Last night, I went to Jessie's senior dance showcase (she is my cousin-in-law). She performed a solo while pretending to dance through water and it was so good! Way to go!


The McCloskeys came as well. I love my extended familia.

Additionally, Bri is in town! We saw her on Friday night and last night. And, Brett's mom is coming in town for a week tomorrow! Family time is one of the best things ever. Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind. If you can name that movie, I'll give you a thousand points.

No comments:

Post a Comment