Friday, February 24, 2012

winter wonderland

Our weekend in Victor, Idaho and Jackson Hole, Wyoming was exquisite.
That really is the correct adjective to describe it.

On our way up to Idaho, we stopped by the Nike store and got ourselves some great new exercise clothes (Brett has a mild obsession with them), and visited Bri at BYU-Idaho. It was really dark and snowy when we got there so we couldn't see much of anything of the town of Rexburg, but that's okay. We were able to stop by the Rexburg temple and it is absolutely gorgeous. Bri showed us her apartment and we talked and laughed and ate dinner at 10:30pm at New Fong's.

O, and Brett ran over a fire hydrant.


We love our Nanners.

We got up to the Teton Springs Resort around 1:00am or so. The roads were so snowy and the visibility so low that I was getting reallllly nervous on our drive up there. I couldn't handle it anymore, thus I went to sleep and prayed we didn't get in another accident that night. Which we didn't, thankfully.

Our suite was utterly amazing:




 It had a full kitchen, two full bathrooms plus a giant jacuzzi tub, a fireplace, flatscreen TVs and a giant living room and bedroom. Needless to say, we were wickedly spoiled.

Sunday we chilled in the little town of Victor, Idaho, ate nummy food, took much needed naps cuddling by the fire and experienced the awe-inspiring winter wonderland.


This place was called Sun Dog Cafe and it was delectable.




 Look at the big icicle! O my goodness! The scenery was white, and peaceful and soul-replenishing.

On Monday, we went to Jackson Hole. I looooove Jackson Hole. I used to go there with my family for summer vacations. I have such good memories in Wyoming and especially in Jackson. When we got to the town, I was telling Brett about all the places I've been in the town and couldn't stop talking about how nothing had changed, that everything looked exactly how it used to. It was rather fun to go to an old place I love with a new companion, my one and only husband. 

Prepare for picture overload.

 We got ourselves some ribs at Bubba's BBQ.




 Walked around the art galleries and the streets. I've decided that we are going to have a big art collection, and I'm really excited about it. The art galleries had some incomparable Native American art that I would like to purchase one day and have in my house.

 We thought this sign was funny.

More walking the streets (not for money though). Anyone get my allusion to "Roxanne"?


 And we got ourselves some candy. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM




We love Jackson Hole! 

Then we drove home and experienced the most beautiful drive of our lives. We barely talked because we were just looking at the abyss of white. We felt like we were in another world; it was so ethereal and sublime. The sky was white, the rolling hills were covered in white snow, wisps of snow were blowing in the wind like silvery snakes, and we were the only ones on the road. There were so many times that I wanted to stop and take a picture, but honestly the picture would not do it justice. 

It was possibly the loveliest scene I have ever seen. 

What a great weekend! It was so nice to get away with the man I love and forget responsibilities for a little.  Can't wait for our next President's weekend trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment