Monday, February 27, 2012

and the oscar goes to...

Last night we held our very first apartment party. And I deem it a success. It was for the Oscars (aka The Academy Awards) which I am in love with.

We had some family and friends over and ate really yummy food and voted on who we think would win and chatted and watched the Oscars (and the All Star game during commercial breaks).

 Lindsey grabbing some grub.

We had a Mexican themed dinner including tacos filled with shredded crock-pot chicken (Brett made it and it was delicious), refried beans, Mexican spicy rice, salsa, cheddar cheese, lettuce and sour cream. We also had chips and salsa and guacamole (thanks to Lindsey for making that), carrots and celery with ranch, strawberries and bananas, Mexican soda and Sprite zero, and a ton of dessert thanks to Brian and Jennica and Aunt Kim. We all were completely stuffed by the end of the night and we still have so much extra food.
Rachel, Jenna and Aunt Kim eating while enjoying the show.

 Cute couple Brian and Jennica. Brian hated Hugo; still can't get over that.

 Family cuddling together. Precious.

Almost everybody in this shot. Some smiling and some paying dead attention to the show. 

I didn't get any of my Oscar predictions right except for Midnight in Paris winning Best Original Screenplay. I stink at Oscar voting apparently. 

Some of our favorite looks of the night:

Berenice Bejo nominated for her role in The Artist.

 Gwyneth Paltrow.

Michelle Williams nominated for her role in My Week with Marilyn. 

I wanted Hugo to win best picture and Jessica Chastain to win best supporting actress for her role in The Help, but you can't always get what you want. 

It was so fun. I want to go to the Oscars one day and win for best original screenplay. Yep, I think I will do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment