Monday, October 3, 2011

weekend joys + general conference

This weekend we:

went to Bombay House for dinner. (Brett's mom treated us)

A.m.a.z.i.n.g. o my gosh I think I just want to eat Indian food for the rest of my life kind of food.

Then the rest of Friday night I had to finish writing a paper. 
Till midnight. 
three woops for procrastination.

On Saturday, we watched General Conference. 
For those of you who aren't Mormon so you're like what?
General Conference is where the President of our church (the prophet) and the other leaders (the apostles) and even more other leaders (the Quorum of the Seventy and more) speak to all the members of the church around the world in four two-hour sessions.
It is a semi-annual event and it happens out of Salt Lake City and 
it's a perty big deal if you ask me.
 
In G Conf, the leaders guide us in ways of how to live our lives. And not just strictly religious stuff (although most of it is religious) but plain life stuff too. 
For instance, one of the leaders gave a talk about how we can use our time more wisely.

 
General Conference is wonderful and I feel so lucky to have the gospel in my life.
 
My favorite talk (speech) was given by our President, Thomas S. Monson
 

 
After General Conference, we went to 
Sundance
with the McCloskeys, Hoffmans, and my Nana and Poppop 
(my grandma and grandpa, they came in town from La Jolla, CA).

 the whole crew
 love
 girlsies
 I'm so white my skin is blending into my white shirt!
Look at how beautiful it is! I looooooooooooove fall!

Then Nana and Poppop treated us to Noodles and Company. mm mm mmm

Saturday night, Brett and I went on a 5 mile run. 

 Still training for that half marathon.

Sunday, we made waffles with strawberries and watched General Conference again.
For more info on G Conf (not everyone calls it that btw,only me), click here.

And then I spent the rest of the day reading Jane Eyre for my 
Gothic literature class.
The class is i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e. and Jane Eyre is now one of my favorite books
of all time.

Welp, that was our weekend! 

lovies, 
Vicky-T


1 comment:

  1. Say hi to Sundance for us! What a magical place in the fall! There's a great film version of Jane Eyre you should watch after your done. I think it was made in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete