Monday, October 24, 2011

Les Miserables

So so so much to catch y'all up on.


But, first things first.
Les Miserables 
(pretend the accent's in there).


You bet your bottom dollar that I saw it this past weekend.
In Washington D.C. with my mom, my mom-in-law and sisters-in-law.
At the Kennedy Center.


I'm in love with this musical. If I could marry a musical I would marry Les Mis
(and become a polygamist because I don't want to divorce Brett).
I have every word of every song memorized.
And this was the first time I saw it professionally done.
O my lanta was it amazing.


I especially loved the songs I Dreamed a Dream, Do You Hear the People Sing, One Day More, Bring Him Home, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, Javert's Suicide, and the Finale.


And I thought Fantine, Jean Valjean, Enjolras, Marius, Javert and the Innkeeper's wife did an exceptional job.
Can you tell I'm a fanatic?


All of us were crying during the finale when Fantine and Eponine sang 
"To love another person is to see the face of God."
so touching.



Here's some of the shots at the Kennedy Center.
It was b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. in there.

In front of the Kennedy with the awesome sign.So exciting!Please ignore the blurriness.


I did dream the dream.

Happiness!

Sister-in-law Tara is just as excited as me!

Look at how amazing the ceiling is!

Semi-awkward picture of my mom and I before the show.

After the show. We were so very glad that we saw it. Sister-in-law Ashley to the right.

What an incredible experience.

1 comment:

  1. You're so lucky! I love Les Mis and have seen it several times in San Francisco but it hasn't come for a while! BUT it will be showing this summer so I'm so excited!!! My mom say it in Spanish when she lived in Spain and said it was beautiful. Anyways, I understand your obsession :)

    ReplyDelete