Friday, August 12, 2011

so here's the shin dig

About two weeks ago, Brett and I were supposed to go to North Carolina for the rest of August.
But we ended up staying in Minnesota instead.
This would have been a complete nightmare for me because I think I might have literally died of boredom, but thankfully we moved out of our apartment in the middle of nowhere to a beautiful extended stay hotel that serves a complimentary breakfast every morning and dinner three days a week.
AND we have cable, AND there's a Barnes and Noble a block away.
My absolute dream come true.
I go read books for the majority of the day and I'm in English major nerd heaven.
I just finished Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy and loved it, even though pretty much everyone I know hated it.  Personally, I love the ending...not too happy and not too sad. 
I'm now reading The Help and it is so good. Cannot put it down.

There are a lot of restaurants right near our hotel, so we were finally able to go out to for my birthday dinner.
We went to Buca di Beppo, a fun Italian restaurant with an array of Italian pictures all over the walls.  I went there for my 16th surprise birthday party, so I figured why not go back again with my hubbie for my 20th birthday?  We had a blast and ate some y.u.m.m.y. food.

 Togeza foreva.



 The bruschetta was amazing.

 Ma baby.



 We got a piece of celebration cake to go and ate it this morning. Sugar high.


So we're still in Minnesota, but it's about 9 million times better than before :)

No comments:

Post a Comment