Wednesday, August 3, 2011

brand it

Ok, so a lot has happened since I last blogged and I'll talk about that more tomorrow because this particular thought has been on my mind for a while and I want to share it with the blogosphere and whatever readers I have.  Wow, long sentence much?

A few weeks ago when Brett and I were knocking doors, we ran into this a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e. lady named Roxy McCan.  She invited us in and we talked for a while about security systems but also about how she has raised her daughter and how she unites her family together: her husband, her daughter and herself.

Roxy said that she and her husband have given their family a brand.  Yep, like a cow.  It is comprised of characteristics that they both want their family to have and that they want to instill in their daughter. 
She says, "We are the McCans: we work hard and we always tell the truth."

For some reason, that conversation has stuck with Brett and me since.  Based off our life experiences and trials we have had after that day, we have figured out our Candland brand; the specific characteristics we and our children will hold forever.

We are the Candlands and we have faith in the future.  We are the Candlands and we never settle.  We are the Candlands and we work freakin' hard for the things that we want.


Together we will conquer the world.

I'm sure more things will be added to our brand.  I love how it unites Brett and I together and how it will help our future children develop good morals and a strong work ethic.

No comments:

Post a Comment