Wednesday, August 24, 2011

back to school

I apologize that my posts have been a bit boring and pessimistic lately.
These past two months have been incredibly trying for me.
But, good news! We're leaving for Utah on Sunday!
I've never been more excited to go back to school in my entire life.
I'm going to be super busy because I'm taking 17 credits and working, but I'd much rather be busy than have nothing to do all day like I do here in Minnesota.

Yay BYU!!



Brett has a terrible flu right now...poor guy.  So he has been keeping me company for the past two days and is trying to sleep off the sickness.  And of course I've been doing everything I can to help him get better.

I promise you I will be more interesting and vibrant when I get back to Utah.  Heck, I might even have some cooking posts! 

The biggest lesson I've learned from being here in Minnesota and having no friends, no car and nothing to do is to find happiness in the little things.  Whether it's Slumdog Millionaire coming on TV, or finding a really cool geography quiz website, or your husband giving you a kiss when he comes through the door or even that the sun is shining.
Enjoy the simple pleasures in life or you might just go crazy.

Another thing I've learned is to find your happy place.  Yeah, sounds weird.  But, happy places are essential for sanity.  Whenever you feel like something is too much to handle or you feel yourself tipping into crazyland, find your happy place!  My happy place involves a quite ocean at dawn and beautiful flowers.

This has felt like a cathartic experience for me.  I feel like I just visited a therapist and let out everything I've been thinking about for the past two months.  Sweet, sweet liberty.


No comments:

Post a Comment