Thursday, July 14, 2011

ode to minnesota

Brett and I are in Plymouth, Minnesota right now where he is working for Pinnacle Security.

Hi, would you like a monitored home security system??

He is doing door to door sales and he works from about 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm e'erday.
I've gone out with him for a total of seven days out of the week and a half that we have been here.
And can I tell you, it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard!!!
It's so hard to stay positive and hydrated and happy and hopeful even when we have success.
maybe it's just because I'm a novice at it, who knows.
I have so much more respect now for door to door salesmen...their job is not easy nor glamorous nor particularly fun.
My husband is such a trooper and I'm so proud of him.
Here he is in his Pinnacle get up!!



Anywho, being out here would be a lot harder if the people were mean.
But the people are so nice!!!
This past Sunday, the bishop of our temporary ward invited Brett, our friend Stephen and me over for dinner.
Not only was having free food and happy company gracious enough, but they also gave us all of their homemade bread, a jar of d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. strawberry jam, and a handmade dish rag the bishop's wife had crocheted.  They told us that we could use their kayaks any time and to call them if we needed anything.
Now, the world needs more people like that.
While we are out knocking, people have given us cans of sodas to drink or let us use their bathrooms and have just been the sweetest to us. 
If only the weather were better I may consider making a permanent move to MN.

So, that's what the Candlands are up to. Coming soon....wedding week!! Be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment