Monday, July 18, 2011

the boy who lived


 Brett and I were 2 out of the 10 people in the country who did not see the last Harry Potter movie at the midnight showing on July 15. 
Sad I know.  But we are adults now and adults have jobs and can't go to bed late.
So we went on a married date this morning and saw it.
And after all the years of anticipation and excitement, the movie did not leave us hanging.
We loved it!!!!!! Especially the part where the stone soldiers at Hogwarts are summoned to fight.
I am normally a big promoter of dressing up, but since we saw it at 10:30 in the morning we did not.
I didn't feel that bad though since I've dressed up for Harry Potter before

first as Tonks
(on the right is my adorable old roommate Jessie Crook as Moaning Myrtle)

and then as Bellatrix Lestrange
(yes that is a guy dressed as Voldemort with my other amazing old roommate Lyndsi Tolbert as Hermoine Granger)

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a die-hard Harry Potter dork.
As I was researching the success of the movie, I found through the Los Angeles Times that this final movie had the highest-grossing opening of all time, achieving $168.6 million in U.S. and Canada in three days!!  The movie also had the biggest international debut ever, grossing $307 million overseas in 59 foreign countries. Yeah HP!!!
What I found most interesting is the place that sold the most opening night tickets in the nation was the Jordon Commons Megaplex Theater in Jordan, Utah.  I guess us Mormons just love us some Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment